Hello - New Member and just starting out

Hi Guys, 

I have Just joined from London, have been loving the youtube channel for a long time and it has motivated me into starting out with watch repair. I am loving it and also frustrated by it if that makes any sense. 

It would be great to meet some like minded folk and have people to discuss things with, as I am sure my girlfriend will kill me soon if she has to listen to much more from me. 

Andy 

Welcome from Perth Western Australia.

I'm assuming London UK, not London Canada, in witch case I envy you as you have so many great resources within your grasp that I would love to be able to readily visit.

If you are looking for motivation and haven't been in a while go visit the London Science Museum and look at the George Daniels display and other clock and watch exhibits which are just fantastic.

Hi London UK indeed.  I was there a few months ago its a great exhibition. Also the new lay out at the observatory in greenwich is also inspiring - much better since they have revamped it and put a lot of the time pieces on display explaining their development and history 

A,

I've never visitted Greenwich.

I had planned to go a couple of trips ago but when I got up in the morning it was snowing heavily and below zero. I didn't fancy a ferry ride in that weather so I visited the science museum instead and then took my kids there again when I was last in London and they had never been to it and they very much enjoyed it, except for telling me to hurry up when I was in the watch and clock section again. :-)

Hi Andy, Welcome to this fine forum. You will gain satisfaction from watch repairing and frustration too. Keep practicing to succeed. Do not upset your girlfriend there are many skilled people here to help with problems. Regards, Mike. PS. Southampton UK.

Edited by ecodec
More info.

Hi Mike. Your right I have felt elated the first time I got a movement stripped down and running again. But also driven crazy when it won’t run afterwards. My girlfriend is great. I think she might just be ax little tired of hearing about watches. Although I’m sure she doesn’t mind too much.