hour and minute hands stop on a chinese movement

Hi gentlemen,

I have a cheap watch with a chinese movement in it, seems to be 2813, and that watch has a "weird" problem.

Sometimes the hour hand and minute hand stop for a moment while the second hand keeps working ... then after some minutes th hour hand and minute hand work again.

I have read on the web that this problem could be caused by a stem which is too long.

So I tried to wind the watch and let it on my desk with the crown in winding position but unscrewed (its a screw-down crown) and the watch keeps the time really good.

The I tried again with the crwon fully screwed and the watch stops and works and stops and works, etc ... but the second hand keeps working.

So my questions are :

1 - does anybody on the forum have had the same problem ?

2 - should I file the stem a little shorter ?

Cheers

If a watch stops and starts its normally a sign that its dirt. It doesn’t have to be dirty, just a little speck moving around in the movement will cause this. When the watch stops are the hands over each other, if so it could be the hands. I do not know where you found out about the stem. That is a new one on me. I bet it is dirt.

3 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

If a watch stops and starts its normally a sign that its dirt. It doesn’t have to be dirty, just a little speck moving around in the movement will cause this. When the watch stops are the hands over each other, if so it could be the hands. I do not know where you found out about the stem. That is a new one on me. I bet it is dirt.

Thank you oldhippy ... I'll try to disassemble it to see if there dirt anywhere