Help Removing Watch Back?

RKS

Hello :) I have been wanting to start using my Ferrari watch again (yes, it's a fake but I like it) but I can't remove the back to replace the battery. I bought a cheap toolkit to help with this but the notches on the back of the watch are so shallow the tool keeps slipping before I can turn it. Is it definitely a screw-on/off back? I've also tried levering it off in case it's a snap-back case but no luck there either - it doesn't budge and the tool slips and scratches the back. Help please! :)

DSC_1395.JPG

Those notches on the caseback don't look functional to me. Have you tried placing a razor between it and the watch case and gently wedging it until you can create a space large enough for a caseback opener? You'll need an opener that has been sharpened with a stone to have a fine edge.

J

It is difficult to be sure by your pic but it is highly likely it is a snap back. If you look at the edges with a good loupe if it is a snap back there might be a lip for the leverage. The watch looks very dirty and as a consequence the back will be very tight. If it is a screw back then a pro style opener will be the way to open.