Old Hampden pocket watch

Have this old Hampden gladiator pocket watch from my grandfather . It was working  when i was a child. But  when i moved someone dropped it to the floor. Not me that time :)  Breaking something. Probably the balance staff. I have been wanting to repair it but don't know if it's possible. What do you think.  Looks like some parts are missing also.  Is it even possible? 

DSC09884.thumb.JPG.5a959043bd97280bb0d382920fb012d6.JPGDSC09883.thumb.JPG.e3dd6c43907f5a0e5be448e20bcc3b0e.JPGDSC09882.thumb.JPG.0ae1f919c255ae37ffe1a5ee80d4c75f.JPG

Found this on youtube. 

Edited by rogart63

I love Hampden 18s pocket watches & have four that I have restored & probably that many as parts movements. I don't want to know how much time & money I have invested in this beautiful coin silver favorite of mine

If it is very important to you for sentimental reasons I would say go for it.

20180613_154718_resized.jpg

20180613_154821_resized.jpg

• Like 1

Time i have . Is it even possible to do? It would be very cool to get it running again. What shall i look for. I have search for Hampden Gladiator . But there is a lot of different movements out there. Not sure where to start looking. I can service watches but have worked on pocket watches. 

Balance is toast . So is the pallet fork. Some  screws are missing. And the regulator arm is missing to. 

I think you need to start at the Pocket watch data base to get all the information about your watch. Go there and type your watch serial number into it . The site will tell you model, jewel count etc.From there you can search Ebay for the correct model , jewel count & with all the information you have.

I'm sorry if I am repeating things you know but I am just assuming, correct me if I'm wrong.

Here is a link to the data base. https://pocketwatchdatabase.com/

Now you can begin :)

• Like 1