Lc130

Hour hand stuck to hour wheel

Question

5 answers to this question

What method(s) have you used so far to remove the hand? I would think that providing there is ample room under the hour wheel, that a Presto hand-remover (with plastic buffers) would break it free without harming the dial.

You might consider leaving it on, and then carefully aligning the teeth with those of the intermediate/minute-wheel when you set dial back onto the pillar-plate. It may be possible to do that. Prying between the hour-wheel bottom of the dial, might get you a little more room. It's risky, and you must be very gentle, and spread force (minute) across a broad area,  as the hour-wheel can probably go out of flat pretty easily. This may be a bad idea, so wait for confirmation or condemnation by someone else more experienced than I. Good luck.

Try using two scalpel blades (protect the dial with a sliver of paper or plastic). They may be thin enough to inser on each side and *gently* pry/twist.

(p.s. beginner too so take my advice with caution)