Balance staff with a jewel

kuyote

I'm pretty new to watch repair, I just ordered a pair of replacement balance staff's for my lanco pocket watch. One of them appears to have a jewel on it. Are there staff's with jewels attached? I don't want to try to pull the jewel of, if I was sent the incorrect staff.

I don't know anything about Lanco watches, but staffs don't usually come with jewels on them. It is possible, and perhaps even optimal, to have jewels supplied f the pivots on the replacement are of a different size than what was in the watch. A picture might help us determine exactly what kind of jewel you're referring to. I'm taking it for granted that it is a hole-jewel.

Edited by MrRoundel

2 hours ago, kuyote said:

I'm pretty new to watch repair, I just ordered a pair of replacement balance staff's for my lanco pocket watch. One of them appears to have a jewel on it. Are there staff's with jewels attached? I don't want to try to pull the jewel of, if I was sent the incorrect staff.

Thats a new one for me. I have ordered and fitted a few staffs but never had one supplied with a jewel. A pic might help clarify.