Elmasonic S10 vs L&R Q90

AndreiMartin

Hi guys,

Been looking at some ultrasonic cleaners on Amazon (Chinese ones) but don't really have the courage to buy one due to worries about how they perform. This being said I was thinking on saving some money and get a proper one.

I found the Elmasonic S10 with 0.8 liter capacity (£210) and the L&R Q90 with 1.9 liter capacity (£365).

leaving the price aside, which one would you recommend?

Thank you and have a great new year,

Regards,

Andrei.

1 hour ago, AndreiMartin said:

I found the Elmasonic S10 with 0.8 liter capacity (£210) and the L&R Q90 with 1.9 liter capacity (£365).

Which good these would do for an hobbyist? I think literally nothing. Same money can be better spent on other tools, e.g. pressure tester, bench case opener, / crystal press, time-grapher, staking set... the list could go on.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jdm said:

Which good these would do for the hobbyist? I think literally nothing. Same money can be better spent on other tools, e.g. pressure tester, case opener, time-grapher, staking set... the list could go on.

Just need to clean them first :)) something tells me I will clean them manually. Was looking into a time-grapher as well.

Found the WeShi 1000 on Cousins UK for £165. I think that would help out.

Thanks for the reply btw.

Depends what you are working on in my opinion. I use my US much more often than my TG. That may well be because of the condition of the watches I can buy (I am at the low end, so most of what I buy you could plant potatoes in the lugs and the crud that comes off of the movements is something to behold). I managed for quite some time without a TG as I learned just using an app and some quartz to get as accurate as I could. Obviously as your skill levels go up and you want the extra benefits then a TG is necessary but I’m happy I went the order I did as I couldn’t buy it all in one go. YMMV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk