I have replaced a movement in an invicta watch, the movement is an ISA 8171/202. was getting ready to reinstall the hands , so I tried to turn the hands around to midnight, when the calendar turns over, but the calendar would not turn over. If I pull the crown out to set the calendar it works fine, Not sure what I'm missing but if anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.

Dave

Did you try to make the calender tick over on the time change setting prior to fitting the hands? (and then stop turning immediatly and click the winder back in) If you didn't it means you haven't synchronised the hands to the calender and it will change at a different time.

• Like 1

Have you checked the instuctions? http://www.isaswiss.com/en/technical-info.html

How does it work? Usually the first click out is the date fast setting. And the second is to adjust or set the hands. 

i think this movement has some other kind of setting but have figured it out yet? 

Look at the pdf . First click is reset the hands and date. Second click is setting the hour hand. 

Edited by rogart63

Did you try to make the calender tick over on the time change setting prior to fitting the hands? (and then stop turning immediatly and click the winder back in) If you didn't it means you haven't synchronised the hands to the calender and it will change at a different time.

I haven't installed the hands yet, I was trying to run the time around until the date ticked over so i could set the hands on and at midnight, however, no matter how long i turn the crown in the time setting position, the date never changes, If i push the stem in to the calendar setting position then the date can be set in either direction. I am just trying to figure out how to find midnight on this movement so I can install the hands.

Yeah i have been trying to but can't get the date to change using the hand setting position so I have no idea how to install the hands at midnight.

I am not familiar with this movement but most watches have a quick set for the date settings & a different setting for the date when the watch is running. This operation is done with a lever which operates via a cam. This cam moves the setting lever at approx. midnight and the lever (usually held with a spring) either pushes the date dial around or releases the date ring under pressure to it's next date setting. You will have to remove the dial side to see what has come adrift or what is not assembled correctly. 

If the watch run by itself. Regardless of what time you set it to. Does the time change at all under a normal day.  If it doesn't? Something maybe is broken. Maybe you did fast change the time between 9 and 00.30 and broke the date finger.