Bargain Waterproof Tester.

I've just taken delivery of a Waterproof Tester from China. It took nine days from placing the order to recieving it. I have given it a good look over and checked it for holding pressure, and it is a very well made piece of kit for the money. Import charges worked out at £23.76 making the overall cost £150.48

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271225089197?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

post-124-0-18433700-1406286395_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've just taken delivery of a Waterproof Tester from China. It took nine days from placing the order to recieving it. I have given it a good look over and checked it for holding pressure, and it is a very well made piece of kit for the money. Import charges worked out at £23.76 making the overall cost £150.48

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271225089197?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Nice Geo!

I bought the same unit about 6 months ago off eBay!

I've used it a few times and it seems to do what it is supposed to do! Also, It's a pretty substantial piece as well, heavy!

Does this unit have the connection on the back for use with a vacuum pump?

Hi guys, may I ask what range of pressures it measures? Thanks.

Mine is packed up for the big move, but if I remember correctly, the gauge goes up to 6 atm, but it should only be tested to 5 atm.

That's what I thought, most of them don't go near 10 atm (regardless of manufacturer), but I guess 5 is just fine (at 50 m/165 ft depth) and they look sturdy and well made. It is a great deal at that price vs. the 5 atm bergeon at almost $1000. 

I'm just looking for a break in prices for the 10 atm ones since I'm working on divers. If I manage to restore them to original specs as per their writing on the dial, I may need to test for a range from 150 - 300 ft. depending on the model.

A lot of these tools from China get dished by the purists but they seem to be coming up trumps and with really competitive prices.

My brother - in - law a couple of years ago purchased a Chinese watchmakers lathe.

I just can,t fault it and he loves it.

It certainly is as good as my Swiss Star lathe.