Bremont Watches...

From a news article on Gizmodo...

"Starting in 2010, Bremont has been paying homage to significant moments in the history of technology with a unique line of watches that includes the Codebreaker which celebrated the work of the WWII Enigma machine crackers. Now the watchmaker is honoring the Wright Brothers' achievements with a new timepiece that includes an actual piece of the original Wright Flyer."

Is it wrong of me as a newbie to watch repair, with a strong interest in aviation, that I should be excited about this?

Rossco

There are a number of modern watchmakers in the UK - like Bremont - who create their own lines. Whether you like them or not is personal taste. However, most of the design appears to be in the casing and dial work - the movements tend to be almost always fairly standard Swiss ETA movements with some personalisation. And they're very expensive...

I'd prefer to spend my money on a vintage watch - but that's just me!

There are a number of modern watchmakers in the UK - like Bremont - who create their own lines. Whether you like them or not is personal taste. However, most of the design appears to be in the casing and dial work - the movements tend to be almost always fairly standard Swiss ETA movements with some personalisation. And they're very expensive...

I'd prefer to spend my money on a vintage watch - but that's just me!

Agreed Will but at this stage in my career (?) in watch repair, I (almost) like everything I see! Until of course I develop a more discerning palate. :)

That applies to virtually everything I'm involved in for some reason, motorcycles, aviation, machinery, - I do prefer the vintage stuff too.

Rossco

That applies to virtually everything I'm involved in for some reason, motorcycles, aviation, machinery, - I do prefer the vintage stuff too.

Rossco

It's pity your in Canada Ross, that sentence is a perfect description of my interests!

You are welcome Geo. I usually like watches with faces in shades of blue or black, even gray sometimes. I happen to have "bad luck" with other colors, especially white. Somehow they don't last on me. Nevertheless, I would go out of my way for a watch this good looking! Pity it's not the right moment...and I already have too many.

It's pity your in Canada Ross, that sentence is a perfect description of my interests!

You know Geo I think I recall liking one of your posts referencing a worn rear sprocket (?) on your Enfield!

BTW, my grandparents were originally from Bristol, England and I would dearly love to visit there as part of my bucket list.

Speaking of gears, I think I'll just leave this here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdY-p5g7HS4

I hope I'm not breaking any rules about posting links but this literally made me drool :)

Rossco