cleaning the reverser wheel from an ETA 2824-2

Hi all,

In regards to cleaning the reverser wheel of an ETA 2824-2, does the wheel, after cleaning, need to be dipped into Fixodrop? 

My understanding is that Fixodrop prevents oil spread, but I thought synthetic oils like Moebius 9010 didn't spread and could be used without Fixodrop? 

Appreciate your thoughts. 

Also, I am also not sure what oil to use D5 or 9010? 

Thanks in advance.

John 

46 minutes ago, sstakoff said:

After cleaning, the reversers should be treated with Lubeta V105. Immerse for a few moments, remove and blow with air to dry. It will leave a cloudy finish - this is normal.

Thanks, sstakoff, much appreciated. Someone was telling me that you can actually make your own Epilame using Moebius and some other ingredients - ever heard of this? 

Fixodrop is stearic acid and shellac dissolved in isopropyl alcohol. 

It's used for parts like pallet jewels. When you don't want the oil to spread around . 

On reverse wheels for 2824-2 you could use Lubeta V105 or a very small amount of 9010 in Naptha . And then let i dry. 

The 9010 recipe is the best i think.  I have tried both.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John Hondros said:

Thanks, sstakoff, much appreciated. Someone was telling me that you can actually make your own Epilame using Moebius and some other ingredients - ever heard of this? 

No info on the home brew epilame :) To be clear, the V105 is not an epilame - it's a lubricant of some sort. As far as epilame/FixoDrop is concerned, I found an open, almost full, 100ml bottle on eBay a while back. I paid $50 for it. It should last me a lifetime :) Keep your eyes open.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rogart63 said:

Fixodrop is stearic acid and shellac dissolved in isopropyl alcohol. 

It's used for parts like pallet jewels. When you don't want the oil to spread around . 

On reverse wheels for 2824-2 you could use Lubeta V105 or a very small amount of 9010 in Naptha . And then let i dry. 

The 9010 recipe is the best i think.  I have tried both.

What kind of ratio between the Naptha (in Australia I think it's called lighter fluid) and 9010? 

Thank you

31 minutes ago, John Hondros said:

What kind of ratio between the Naptha (in Australia I think it's called lighter fluid) and 9010? 

Thank you

Think it is 100 to 3 . 3 parts oil a 100 parts of naptha.