Adhesives for crystals

I have to apologise again for asking questions from a very low baseline.

I have a couple of hunters lacking lenses - which I've finally managed to source (in the 276-280 range). These are very thin and fragile so I have selected sizes which are a slack fit. I can't imagine that they would withstand any pressure at all. I have seen an adhesive advertised somewhere which is said to be designed for this purpose but I'd imagine that it can't be that specific. I've found that superglue these days is much less effective than it once was (although I concede this may be a mis-perception). Any suggestions/observations?

Roy

Edited by skridlov
typo

I have used the UV setting glues and the GS Hypo.  I like the UV setting glue on glass and plastic dome crystals since it will stay workable till exposed to UV light. Living in Texas I set the glue by putting it in the window and exposing it to direct sunlight. Sets in around a second or two.  I use the GS hypo flat crystals like Sapphire.

The UV glue also dissolves in acetone and so is easy to remove the crystal later.  I have a customer that breaks his dome glass crystal almost three times a year.  I started to use the UV glue for the ease of removal of the broken shards.