On The Desk; Not The Wrist :p

Lawson

Thought I'd post my small collection of watches.

I apologies in advance for my crappy photographic skills.  I don't do these watches justice.

I love watches; but I don't really collect watches.  The ones I've purchase have been focus on wearability; more than there collectability.

First is my Flightmaster.

I've had this one since 1998, it's my "Main Wear" watch.  Still completely original and super reliable ... but the band is now showing signs of wear and needs to be replaced (worn out links).

post-246-0-34979200-1404829464_thumb.jpg

Next purchase was my Casio ProTrek G-Shock 2894 PRG-80T

Purchased this one when I was doing contract work in 2006/07 for Exxon Mobil in Papua New Guinea.

Fully Titanium, both case and band, built in compass (surprisingly very accurate), Altimeter, and Barometer, plus dual powered.  I went to some pretty remote sites, got wet all the time, stinking hot and humid ... watch never skipped a beat, and you can hardly tell the harsh conditions it went through over there.

post-246-0-47903300-1404829477_thumb.jpg

Lastly, my latest purchase, a Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT

This was just a nice present to myself ... something to wear when dinning out with friends.

I very rarely splurge out on myself (I'm a simple bloke), but when I do, I buy something that will last a lifetime.

post-246-0-22770600-1404829490_thumb.jpg

Vey nice watches Lawson! I'm impressed with what you said about the Casio. I've worn casios at work but they were the "calculator type" with a memo and phone directory, etc. They were excellent considering that originally they were more practical than cells (when they became mainstream). I still have them. Even though they gave me great service (both of them), I never thought much about them -- i.e. fairly cheap and disposable -- even my g-shock I acquired at a bargain price. I believe yours is not into that category and by the way, now I can respect them!

As for the Omegas, they are gorgeous. Excellent collection and very functional! Congratulations on a well chosen one!

Robert

PS. Coincidence: I've just serviced a Casio Edifice for a friend today! :)