Opening up a Nixon Time Teller P

Hello, my first time posting!

I'm trying to DIY replace the crystal on my Nixon Time Teller P. This is my first ever DIY repair; I think I've got all the gear I need (besides the new crystal, which I'll order once I've measured the old one).

I've got the back off, but not quite sure what I need to do next. I THINK I'm supposed to remove the stem, but I'm not sure how to get it out.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Please excuse the grossness of my watch...

IMG_20170105_233246182_HDR.jpg

According to Nixon watch site it's a miyota, you will have to examine movement with loupe or mag glass to get cal, your grossness is excused if you make sure not to get dirt inside movement, you'd be surprised how a small chunk of crud can stop a watch.

• 3 years later...

Hi, perhaps this was already answered above and I missed it. I don’t have any trouble getting the back off my watches or changing the battery, but every time I use my tool to snap the back back on, something happens to the crown pin. It just lets go and comes out. I thought it was a strange occurrence the first time but I tried another one this week and got the same results. Can someone please help me figure out what I’m doing wrong?