Precista Dive Watch Crystal Change

I think this one for Mark to answer. I suspect that this may be one of these times when a syringe could be used to blow out the crystal with compressed air but I'm sure. :-)

First of all is it acrylic or glass? It looks acrylic in the pic but you can get domed glass too.

If is acrylic then you should be able to use the crystal lift to remove it but you will need to remove the bezel first.

If it is glass then you will need to push it out from the inside, and when you replace it you will also need a new crystal gasket.

You will need a crystal press to install the new glass crystal, and for some of the tension ring acrylics too. You should also test the water resistance before taking it under water; it's rated to 30 atmospheres which is quite a high spec. Of course if you don't go swimming with it this is less of an issue and only of relevance in respect to originality.

Mark has a couple of videos on replacing crystals on his YouTube channel which are well worth a look.

Why are you replacing it? It looks to be in quite good order in the pic. If it just needs a spruce up the Solvol Autosol, Polywatch, or even toothpaste will do the trick. It's a good idea to remove the bezel first so that you don't end up with polish in impossible to clean crevices.

If the watch is still water tight then it may be better to leave it undisturbed.

• Like 1

Like Marc I am curious as to why you want to change it, from here it looks in as new condition, does it leak? If not then the old adage "If it ain't broke don't fix it" comes to mind.

With your avatar my best advice is to stop smoking, trust me on this one.

I so agree with you (except giving up my candy cigarettes)....the customer came in and told me he wanted the crystal change..said he can spin it with his finger...the crystal did look fine and I initially could not understand why the change...he even supplied me with an acrylic crystal that he purchased from company from where in bought  the watch ... I will seat the crystal with a dab of epoxy....just don't want to pull the bezel until I am sure of its removal...thanks...