Cannon pinion to driving wheel attachment

Twice now, when removing hands from an ETA movement, the cannon pinion has separated from the driving wheel. It usually happens when the movements are new and there's no dial installed to hold down the hour wheel while pulling hands.

Regardless...I have two cannon pinion/driving wheels that I'm wondering if I can press back together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes you should be able to get it back together..support the pinion, get one arm in then the other. I find this way better than forcing the pinion down on the wheel.

The older design with 3 prongs/arms was better in my opinion.

Anil

yes you should be able to get it back together..support the pinion, get one arm in then the other. I find this way better than forcing the pinion down on the wheel.

The older design with 3 prongs/arms was better in my opinion.

Anil

Cool...I will try this. Is there something I'm doing wrong that's causing the separation in the first place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really, on a regular service the cannon pinion and minute wheel will be held securely in place by the hour wheel and dial.

New movements don't usually come with hands installed, yours may be the exception.

When swapping cannon pinions around take note that there are different heights ...this has caught me out on a few occasions. I mention this as you seem to have several on hand.

all the best!

Anil