Lower End Cap not Aligned and No Screws.

So I went back to a watch I have been working on for while and God it working upside down or Balancw Cock down. So the top Jewel an cap are fine because the watch works upside down, however I am having issues with the bottom jewel and end cap. Any suggestion on how to approach this problem? As well, the two Screws that hold the end cap have stripped the plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you need to fix the screw problem before you can evaluate the jewel problem properly. The plate needs to be rethreaded and you will need new screws with a slightly larger diameter. 

Any simple way to rethread the plate without getting into serious equiptment

You could try and re tap with the next size screw up, add a little oil and file a point on the screw and screw it in. 

I like that technique. I will try that this weekend. Then deal with the jewel and cap. This is actually a very nice Waltham. The face is in excellent condition; no cracks. Just hard to work with these old Full Plate watches.

26 minutes ago, jdrichard said:

I ment thing not thong. Darn iPhone autocorrect

I was wondering how your under wear could affect your balance, but then I would imagine a thong could prove somewhat unsettling!!!!!!!!:wacko:

• Like 2