Better check ...

jdm

2 hours ago, rogart63 said:

Have a lot of 7S26 movement lying around. Let me now and i can see if any of them have a better looking ratchet wheel. 

Thanks buddy. I have some 7S26  parts as well. PB060161.JPG

But something is still wrong as it doesn't fully wind.

• Like 1

You probably already checked the pawl lever for wear (either the hole or the claws), "tension" (they may open), and/or right/correct side installation. If that's the case, I would then venture checking if the mainspring is skipping or the hook is not doing a good job (worn)...at least those are the areas where I would look first.

3 minutes ago, rogart63 said:

Slipping mainspring? That is why your amp is low? Didn't you have a problem with that also? 

Oh, that's another one. I will test by winding at the ratchet, plus the other things.

10 hours ago, ramrod said:

would this be a usual cause of low amplitude - a mainspring slipping?

Not  in my experience. On Seiko it is almost always an issue with escape, balance or hairspring.

interesting. the reason that i ask is because i have several watches (mostly seiko) where the escape wheel is barely turning. even after a service and cleaning. they are turning, consistently but slowly and weakly. i can't get a handle on just that happens.

interesting. the reason that i ask is because i have several watches (mostly seiko) where the escape wheel is barely turning. even after a service and cleaning. they are turning, consistently but slowly and weakly. i can't get a handle on just that happens.

Yes and at least in one similar case I've replaced with a new barrel complete, it didn't made any difference at all.