Victorinox 24972 won't start after new battery

ap1

I'd like to bring the watch I received almost 10 years ago back to life. It worked for several years. I replaced the battery once. That one died a couple years ago and I replaced it about a week ago. Unfortunately, after installing the new battery, the watch won't start. I attached photos to help identify the watch I'm working on. Any suggestions for getting this watch going again?

Thanks in advance.

01-IMG_0893.jpg

02-IMG_0894.jpg

03-IMG_0898.jpg

04-IMG_0895.jpg

Nice looking watch . I would try to find the Ronda Movement number , try looking under the battery , Then I would replace the movement . I would think that a new movement would not be too expensive .

For starters , try pulling the crown in and out a few times ,...maybe the hack mechanism is stuck and doesn't allow the circuit to be completed to the movement .

1) Remove the battery and try to scroll the wheel you can see with a twizzer left and right , then put the battery back , if it works then you need a cleaning.

2) Under the battery there is an orange isolating plastic thing , make sure its in place.

3) The coil in these movements its too close to the battery and easy to harm them when we replace it.

4) Final , the movement costs around 20$ , make sure if you buy a new one to pick the one with date at 3 o clock.

Hope i helped :)