Incabloc End Shake Adjustment?

Hi, I'm wondering how to adjust endshake on an incabloc balance setting, or if its possible. All the drawings I have seen look like the end shake is held by the end stones. Is the only fix for excessive endshake a new staff?

What I have in for repair is a Cartier 191 which I believe is a GP 3100 movement. 28800bph. Also can anyone verify that a GP31 balance is the same as the Cartier? i dont have any cross reference info for the Cartier.

• 3 weeks later...

I may be out of my league but if nothing works, why don't you try pushing the entire antishoc further into the bridge, if possible. You would reduce the end-to-end space between the two cap-jewels.

Its a thought. Most of the settings Ive seen bottom out from the interior. I was about to post and ask if it was a bogus question. It seems like there should be a reliable way to set each jewel similar to friction jewels in the case you need impulse adjustment. I may just tear into an old movement and see what gives. Still all ears though.

Is it possible that one or both of the jewels have not been seated into the jewel holder/carrier properly? If this was the case you may be able to seat then with gentle pressure using a jewel press.

If they are seated properly, you could very carefully reduce the length of one of the holders/carriers using a lathe to allow it to seat deeper in thus reducing the end shake.

Just a thought! :-)