A Visit To STP Watch Movement Manufacture: Fossil Group’s Answer To ETA

Nice article Micky!

Now, I wonder about this because most of the stuff I see is an ETA 2824 biffed up...and as you know, ETA has many options that can be added for a price to each of its different finishes of the same movement...Also, being Sellita part of this deal, it makes me wonder what other options not offered by ETA is Sellita providing!

I've found this, so I'll have to take any big brand company's claim with a grain of salt when it comes to ETA based stuff:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/smoke-mirrors-part-1-eta-grades-explained-458060.html

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/smoke-mirrors-part-2-eta-modifications-upgrades-459866-2.html

The second part is the actual post I'm referring to, but the first one is a good introduction for many of us.

I hope there is more to this new STP trend than just a marketing thing! As it is, ETA or SWATCH or whoever ones from there, have made already many mistakes by restricting supplies!

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 1

Absolutely, what's not to like? :) I read that article before and it looks like an excellent movement choice...preferable to the regular ETA everyone uses. On the other hand, I'm suspicious as this is probably another way ETA has to get more money. You see, they are involved supplying the base movement...and Sellita is in the band wagon too! I wonder if in the end they are all part of a bigger conspiracy? Dividing the Fossil et al. market? Sharing the benefit of it? Oh well, I guess I've seen too many movies! :)

Good subject to learn, think and speculate about possible repercussions for small, independent watchmakers and hobbyists.

Cheers,

Bob