Want To Learn About Oil

Can anyone please explain  the oils used, Is the different numbers for viscosity? maybe a good table will help with witch oils to use on witch parts and WHY? Is there any cheaper alternatives out there you can get about everywhere? Just curious. What will be a good starter pack to get , maybe something on E bay.... 1 ml will probably last me a lifetime.

Mark, I just joined this site and I am super excited about finding it. I left you a post on one of your you tube videos (Dave Matthews) about how great your videos are and how much I have learned from them. I'm retired and this is such a great hobby for me that takes up some time and keeps me out of trouble, at least until Happy Hour! Thanks Mark! 

• Like 4

Mark, I just joined this site and I am super excited about finding it. I left you a post on one of your you tube videos (Dave Matthews) about how great your videos are and how much I have learned from them. I'm retired and this is such a great hobby for me that takes up some time and keeps me out of trouble, at least until Happy Hour! Thanks Mark! 

Thanks Matthd - stick around and be part of the community :)

• 1 month later...

There was one part that made me smile "It is good practice to clean oil pots and replenish with fresh oil every week"

The Author must be well off as Moebius Synt-a-lube 9010 for instance is at least a tenner for a couple of mil.

Vic

• Like 2

There was one part that made me smile "It is good practice to clean oil pots and replenish with fresh oil every week"

No wonder the vultures were circling around my roof all these days! :notfair: