Seiko Diver

Hello Peeps I fancy doing a Seiko diver project but I have no idea which movement to use face, case ETC. Which do you have the best chance of finding parts for. I've seen a few on our friend "THE WATCH COLLECTORS" bay site but a little guidance is needed.

Thanks Mick

Hi Mick,

Why not a Citizen diver watch project with and 8200 type movement? That would break the mold and be an excellent walkthrough at the same time! He has some too, the watch collector.

Cheers,

Bob

PS. Or an Orient diver, movement 46941 type which is not too far from Seiko as Orient is half owned by them?

O Ramon .  The  man how has a hidden treasure somewhere i the philippines:) . I would look for a 6309 if you would like to work on something older? Otherwise is a 7002 diver  a good and solid movement? Same problems as the other movements but a real workhorse? I think it's easier to find dials and hands and such thing for the 7002-7001 then the the 6309-7040 or 7049. SKX007 and 009 are a great modders . If you like that. 

Also, in a pinch, I believe they all accept a brand new NH36 which has manual wind in addition to the traditional auto and hack seconds....but then there won't be anything to fix and the fun will stop there! :)

• Like 1

So much to look at I'm trying to find a good casted one to start with one I don't have to buff the life out of but also a movement I can fit a nice bright dial to maybe orange or blue but black and red are nice too then there's the bezel orange Pepsi black there's too much choice .

Ha, ha, and you haven't heard what endeavor has to say about Russian watches! He is in heaven tinkering with them...everything is interchangeable (almost) and no matter what case, you can swap back and forth, use custom stuff, very cheap stuff, and...it is a new world for Dr. Frankenstein! :)

I'm tempted to go that route next!!! But, well, OK, back to Seiko!