Hallo and congratulation for this forum and interesting Watch Repair Talk's clips. Could anyone show or tell how to regulate a Valjoux 7550? I noticed that there are two versions: one simplier with two arms (one with two dots) and another one more complicated (unfortunately mine) in which there is a ring with an arrow which points to + - like in the picture below. In this case, should one move the edge of the arrow or is anything to be unlocked before doing that, or where does one have to touch/push in order to move the arrow towards + or - ? Many thanks

Image Valjoux 7550.jpg

To regulate the time you just slide the finger towards + or - depending on wether you want it to gain or loose more.

If it needs altering a lot then you would move the actual regulating arm that touches the hairspring? The finger adjustment is just a micrometer type adjustment for fine tuning, after servicing a watch you would generally regulate it using the regulating arm and try to leave micrometer type lever in the centre for fine adjusting later or once the watch has been running for a few hours cased up.

Thank you very much for your answer. Before applying that I found a soft remedy on the net, which seems to work for me: laying the watch vertically with the winding-button uppermost. After 3 day (during which I partially wore the watch) it's gaining ca. 1 sec. per day (before it was 9-10  per day).