Jewel problems! 2824-2 ETA

Image1461989030.274300.jpg.690480a9d314bImage1461989048.600434.jpg.4226c8f5ab9ca

I have a broken jewel in a 2824-2 ETA. a screw got loose in the movement and busted a jewel. I took it out, but it was demolished. I need to know if anyone knows the measurements for the jewel? I also do not have a hole measure. What do I do? It is the fourth wheel!

Also the top escape wheel jewel was out of whack so I straightened it, but I think I would feel better if I just replaced it.

Does anyone know if and where I can find the sizes of these jewels? I think it is such a common movement that they would just have the sizes listed somewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Image1461989030.274300.jpgImage1461989048.600434.jpg

I have a broken jewel in a 2824-2 ETA. a screw got loose in the movement and busted a jewel. I took it out, but it was demolished. I need to know if anyone knows the measurements for the jewel? I also do not have a hole measure. What do I do? It is the fourth wheel!

Also the top escape wheel jewel was out of whack so I straightened it, but I think I would feel better if I just replaced it.

Does anyone know if and where I can find the sizes of these jewels? I think it is such a common movement that they would just have the sizes listed somewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it is the fourth wheel? Out of the four jewels on the drive train plate, it is in the middle.

6 hours ago, diamondslayer said:

I think it is the fourth wheel? Out of the four jewels on the drive train plate, it is in the middle.

Wouldn't it be easier to find a new or better train wheel bridge. 

Edited by rogart63
  • Like 1

Pm me your name and address with all the parts you want for this movement and I will send you what ever you need, got loads of parts for these in my graveyard box.

Dang it! I ordered it from eBay before I saw this post! Crap!

Thank you Tik! Definitely next time I'll take you up on that!

3 hours ago, diamondslayer said:

Dang it! I ordered it from eBay before I saw this post! Crap!

Thank you Tik! Definitely next time I'll take you up on that!

No problem, if you find anything else you need when you get into it just let me know, are all the wheels spinning true and have you double checked for scored pivots on the train wheels, especially the wheels with cracked jewels?

No problem, if you find anything else you need when you get into it just let me know, are all the wheels spinning true and have you double checked for scored pivots on the train wheels, especially the wheels with cracked jewels?

Thanks for the reminder! I was going to when I pulled the jewel out originally but forgot! I will keep in touch!

• 3 weeks later...

How are you getting on with this watch, was everything you needed on that movement I sent you, I made sure the hairspring was flat and centred before it left, hope it was still OK by the time it reached you!