Bulova 11BLC....Where did this come from?

mcass

Why are you a Royals fan, Mcass?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Before anything I'm a baseball fan. Being a baseball fan, I'm a life long Yankee fan. Born and raised in Kansas though, I still support the home town team too. I'm just in love with the game, always have been. I've been coaching little league for about 13 years and run a league here in the area and serve in other baseball organizations as well. Just gotta be around the game.

• Like 1

Before anything I'm a baseball fan. Being a baseball fan, I'm a life long Yankee fan. Born and raised in Kansas though, I still support the home town team too. I'm just in love with the game, always have been. I've been coaching little league for about 13 years and run a league here in the area and serve in other baseball organizations as well. Just gotta be around the game.

I am born and raised in Kansas, but at one time in ICT we had more Cubs games then Royals because of WGN! Believe it or not, WGN has changed format and now they don't show the Cubs anymore. Last year was their first year to change formats and I was very disappointed!!! They got some emails and phone calls, but to no avail! Lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, diamondslayer said:

I am born and raised in Kansas, but at one time in ICT we had more Cubs games then Royals because of WGN! Believe it or not, WGN has changed format and now they don't show the Cubs anymore. Last year was their first year to change formats and I was very disappointed!!! They got some emails and phone calls, but to no avail! Lol

Thats funny.... I am in Wichita as well. Owe much of my love for baseball to WGN and the Cubs!

• Like 1

That's pretty cool.... East Sider here. Im having fun trying to figure these watches out. I posted a pic on the Bulova on Facebook and got an email from a family member back in Boston who is sending me an old Elgin pocketwatch to look at. It was my wife's Grandpa's evidently and hasnt run in years. They say its close to 100 years old. Ive got a couple that Ill be practicing on before I get that one opened up though. Ive got a bunch of baseball stuff that I have to get through today but after that I may sit back down for stab on the other two movements Ive been working on.

OK well I'm caught up on all my baseball stuff and now it's time to relax working on the watches. I was able to find the spring to the Bulova that I had lost with a broom and a magnet! Anyway, now that I'm getting started I've got to ask can anyone explain to me what the two adjustments are to the balance wheel. I know that one essentially shortens the hairspring and is used to regulate the watch. What is the other lever for?

Oh one other thing I might add....when playing back I noticed that the armature was moving slightly. I had loosened the setting screw about a quarter turn just to see if for some reason the balance was down to low and catching on the bottom plate. Regardless, it asks the same whether the screw is tightened or not. 

Well I may have found an issue that I wasnt expecting but im not sure....I think I may have broke the jewel at the top of the escape wheel. Would this cause some of the issues Im having? What is troubling is two fold....one I cant say for sure that I did and two, I have no clue how to replace!

2 hours ago, mcass said:

Here is a quick video of the Polot 3105 balance issues I am having....the watch is wound by the way.

Mark I can see that the balance cock is not tightened properly...as you move the balance wheel I can see the entire thing is moving slightly. The coil itself also looks a little tight on one end. You might need to remove the jewel and clean out the balance/hairspring in lighter fluid. When you get it out, check the pivots under 10x mag to see if they're bent.

2 hours ago, mcass said:

Oh one other thing I might add....when playing back I noticed that the armature was moving slightly. I had loosened the setting screw about a quarter turn just to see if for some reason the balance was down to low and catching on the bottom plate. Regardless, it asks the same whether the screw is tightened or not. 

OK so you've answered that question.

Joe

59 minutes ago, mcass said:

Well I may have found an issue that I wasnt expecting but im not sure....I think I may have broke the jewel at the top of the escape wheel. Would this cause some of the issues Im having? What is troubling is two fold....one I cant say for sure that I did and two, I have no clue how to replace!

If the pivot on the top of the escape wheel is broken, then yes that would be the cause of the problem.

Joe

• Like 1

That is exactly what it is. It was very difficult to tell but after getting the plate off I could see the broken pivot. My first fatality....damn! Now I guess I get to learn how to locate replacment parts for what were perfectly good ones before I got my hands on them! LOL

I can send you an escape wheel in a small padded envelope via snail mail.

2 minutes ago, mcass said:

That is exactly what it is. It was very difficult to tell but after getting the plate off I could see the broken pivot. My first fatality....damn! Now I guess I get to learn how to locate replacment parts for what were perfectly good ones before I got my hands on them! LOL

No...the Bulova is about to be finished even if it kills me. Ive thrown the Poljot to the side until I figure out where to get parts. The Bulova on the other hand appears to be ticking away. Going to try and reassemble the keyless works, Dial and Hands again see if I have a functioning watch after all of this.