Click and Click Spring Problem on a 2836-2

31 minutes ago, Folkvisor said:

I am beginning to suspect that there is too much play in the hole/stud swivel point and that allows the bunny too much play - hence the problem.

It almost looked like the hole had been sized with some kind of wax to keep the bunny flush with the spring. This might be why it worked a couple of times and then, when the sizing material wore out, the click didn't work right.

Dave

That could very well be right. What to do about it? New bridge? Or give it a smash with the staking tool? 

Well, wonder of wonders it is now working. I've a sneaking suspicion that this is an ETA 2836-2 that was made Friday afternoon or too early Monday morning. Frankly, there wasn't much play in the rabbit hole - I put it in and watched with my 18x loupe to see if it moved much - it didn't. I'm as stymied to know why it now works as I was to know why it didn't.

Rogar, I was more than ready to give it a smash with something much larger than a staking tool. ;-)

BTW - I have a lot of relatives in Sverige. I plan to visit a few in September if I don't go crazy working with watches first - or looking after my 3 yr old grandson...whichever comes first.

Hälsningar från Canada

Dave

• Like 1

Roger, you are a genius! I never thought about the staking tool! Only thing is how to make the whole smooth again and fitted to the "rabbit"? In my mind it should work but I've never tried it!

4 hours ago, Folkvisor said:

Well, wonder of wonders it is now working. I've a sneaking suspicion that this is an ETA 2836-2 that was made Friday afternoon or too early Monday morning. Frankly, there wasn't much play in the rabbit hole - I put it in and watched with my 18x loupe to see if it moved much - it didn't. I'm as stymied to know why it now works as I was to know why it didn't.

Rogar, I was more than ready to give it a smash with something much larger than a staking tool. ;-)

BTW - I have a lot of relatives in Sverige. I plan to visit a few in September if I don't go crazy working with watches first - or looking after my 3 yr old grandson...whichever comes first.

Hälsningar från Canada

Dave

I think you should go see the relatives in Sweden.  The watches are there when you come back !