Re-Plating A 9Ct Watch Case

Anyone had a case replated? I have an old wristwatch that I quite like the style of, very slim with nice patina on the dial but the gold plating is rubbed away on several places. It's not an expensive piece but I think it could look so much better. Found a company that do such things, just wondered what the results are like and whether anyone would recommend it.

My understanding is companies charge a lot of money for that kind of job...I've been entertaining doing the same with a watch I consider special in my collection but prices were not convenient. I think Joe had send a watch to a company he mentioned once. Maybe he will chip in at some point with the link.

I had a reply to my enquiry about plating the watch.

The cost would be £65 9ct with return postage.

To be honest I think that would be worth considering if it were a watch that had some value to me, either monetary or sentimental.

As it is just an old thing that came with a bunch of other old watches that I bought I can not really justify spending that amount of money on it. At least we have an idea of cost now if anyone else is keen on doing something.

Not sure if I am allowed to name the company from whom I received the quote, but I imagine it would be ok if you sent me a pm.

Just to add I have no connection in any way with the company concerned.

Here is the watch that I sent pictures of in case you are interested.

post-923-0-31623700-1458587351_thumb.jpg

post-923-0-54138800-1458587379_thumb.jpg

post-923-0-61716500-1458587386_thumb.jpg