Problem With Winder

i am trying to replace a Ronda 715 movement on my watch. The new movement has a winder fitted with a plastic crown, and I pulled out the winder after setting the hands on my watch. I then tried to put in the original winder (from the original movement) but it wouldn't go in; nor would the winder with the plastic crown go back in. So I'm stuck with the watch but neither winder will go in!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any advice!

Something has moved inside the keyless work. That is usually the problem? Try pressing a little on the button when you put the new stem in? That doesn't work take the dial of and look if the clutch wheel is sitting as it should. 

It might, some movements don't show the "button" to push unless they are in the proper setting position. My take on it, to make it easy, pull the stem in different positions and observe what moves, then you will discover the spot to press in the appropriate position...most of the time it works. That Ronda movement should have a button next to the stem and it is an easy thing to spot...although I believe the older models have a screw. In either case, the stem should be all the way in.