Speedmaster Mark Ii Cristal Replacement Help?

Hello All;

Today, while cleaning a 1975 Omega Speedmaster Mark II, I noticed that the crystal was loose. Closer inspection revealed that black sealing-kit was used to hold the crystal in place. This does also explain the poor state of the tachymeter scale; eaten up in time by the sealing kit.

I was asked if I could replace the crystal + tachymeter scale . The case number is 145.014.

There is a reason why sealing kit was used, so I suspect some part(s) are missing.

Before I go ahead, take the movement out etc, I like to find out what supposed to be there.

Can anybody tell me what the sequence of part(s) has to be from case up to crystal? (rubber gaskets / nylon seal-rings / others ?)

Perhaps a drawing with part-numbers?

Is the new crystal going to be a glass press-fit?

Hope to hear.....

Regards: Roland.

You would need a crystal and the black special size o-ring. There is also some trouble fitting that crystal? It could work with a lot of grease and some luck. My watchmaker cracked three new crystals until he found out that there is a special tool for replacing this crystals. Omega tool number is 9026,9027,9028 . But finding that tool would be almost impossible?  But you can make your own? Maybe this will help? 

http://s248.photobucket.com/user/ArcherWatches/media/Watchmaking3/FittingMineralCrystals_zps4e7d2593.jpg.html

Edited by rogart63

Thanks Rogart63................. This information may mean that I'm not going to burn my fingers on it.......not a straight forward job it seems and these crystals don't come cheap!

If you got the special tool it's very easy. But i would probably have someone else do it for me. If i where in your shoes :) 

Yes Rogart63............ I told the owner about my findings, and the watch goes back. My shoes are getting too hot......and I'll pass the job on to somebody else :)

Thanks for your help and advice ;)

Edited by Endeavor