New Aquisition

WileyDave

almost forgot about this one, 30j Seiko, snagged from the bay for ~$30, works when picked up, only one repair/service mark on case, think we'll let my pro work on this. I admit I broke stem, in attempt to get out. Got new stem waiting for watchpro to get back from holiday. ENJOY!

post-1800-0-74593800-1455749391_thumb.jp

post-1800-0-03916400-1455749394_thumb.jp

post-1800-0-69462600-1455749395_thumb.jp

• Like 1

what a score! 30 bucks??!! that is fantasic. how did that happen? someone must have not known what they had. that's a very nice find, wileydave.....and you're right, geo. shades of grand seiko. they are as close as one could get back in the day

here's my non-runner saying hello. i'm not sure what the difference is between a "P" and an "R" model. but it's 3 jewels.

what year is yours? this is a september 1967.

post-836-0-41647400-1455855336.jpg

Yea Ramrod, seller didn't list each watch and probably wouldn't know a pallet fork from a salad fork! I'm not sure how the date codes work. I have a couple of 4 jewel quartz and one five jeweler. As soon as I get my camera working or replaced, I will post a repair I did on a 8223, the batt + contact was 'melted', found another minty non runner 8223 for $10, swapped out movements and viola, this one has a lion head under Seiko, dunno if that was for asia market or mid-east?

Looks so much better in gold tone case. Thanks

post-1800-0-86160200-1455882728_thumb.jp

to tell the age in the case of your seikomatic......we know yours is from the decade of 1960. look at the first two numbers of the 7 number code on the back. the first one is the year of the decade. in my case it's a 7 for 1967. the second number is the month. in my case it's a 9 for september.

• 2 weeks later...