Hello Everyone

johnny

My name is Johnny.  I am from Atlantic, Canada

I had an interest in watches since I was very young.  I took a couple on-line classes and purchased enough tools to be able to disassemble, clean, oil and reassemble old watches.  I  bought some good watches in poor conditions from a friendly pawn shop in Halifax.  I also purchased many various movements from dash-2 - great for replacement parts too.   I find it very satisfying to bring those old forgotten marvel of engineering back to life. 

Also I find it very relaxing - almost Zen - working on those delicate movements. 

I recently discovered your videos and find them all awesome. 

many thanks for your sharing.

I hope to learn something and help someone here in this forum.

Johnny

Hi Johnny,

You are right about watches having Zen like qualities,  when working on a watch the outside world disappears and you have entered another world.  It's very satisfying getting a long stopped and forgotten watch back to running order,  so that it can live another day.  There are plenty of experts on the forums to answer any of your questions.

Hi, I would love to be able to spend some time breathing life into a neglected watch, unfortunately I'm not a allowed much time to learn or practice!, but I do enjoy the videos and the write ups of people that have expertise to do this. Keep me entertained!! Thanks to all the watch experts on this site.

Ian