Beat Rate

Can anyone tell me what the beat rate/ hour is for an Omega 342, it  has been cleaned and is running at 19700/ hour

Pls post a pic of timegrapher display? Mostly to see which is the machine that can deviate from the standard rates.

• Like 1

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Hi watch people,  what would be the preferred method here , pros and cons ? The options are 1. a riveted end piece 2. A loose piece fitted into a formed socket  3. Bend and crimp the end of the mainspring to be used.   I've started to experiment with a piece of mainspring cut from the one that i am going to use to replace the original set spring taken from an Oris 291. My first attempt is idea no. 3 which seems to be the easiest to carry out. I'm not quite sure what the spring is made from, it has a slight gold tinge colour to it, but it was easy to anneal and double over. The original spring has been modified by a prevo ( previous repairer ) picture 3, this has a piece riveted to it. The spring I'm going to replace it with was too long but the profile dimensions matched up, the bridle on it is factory doubled over and punched pic1. I'm optomistic that the remaining shape of the replacement will be ok 🤞 😅 pic2. After annealing the end of the test piece, it's then shaped with a slight taper to both sides and a knife edge at it's tip created to help catch the barrel wall ledge pic4 then folded over pic5 and pressed tight at the fold to crimp it pic6. shows the original modified riveted spring top and the test piece ready to reharden below it.The shaping is to overcome any error that may occur with squaring up with the mainspring after folding, tbh probably not necessary as the steel is soft enough to easily straighten up. The end is then rehardened and tempered to light blue. Next attempt is to rivet a piece,  a lot more accuracy I'm sure will be required here.
    • I have had a look but my concern is I will have the same issue, I used a few types of pliers and tweezers in my attempt to bend the spring but I think that method isn’t ideal, I was thinking it would be best to have a barrel complete but I’m unsure as to the part code and finding the correct one
    • Have you looked at other suppliers. I don't know what you tried to bend it with I always used round nosed pliers. 
    • Ohhh, hahaha, yea, I thought you were complaining that I didn't quote you.  Well, I'm relieved that you're happy with me and quoting ME! That's truly exciting 😉