Case Joint Cleaning - Any Recommendations?

I have a number of old watches and, while the dial, movement and outer casings are generally in reasonably clean condition, the one area which often looks green or dirty is the inner rim of the case. Any recommendations on cleaning this area up without affecting the movement?

• Like 1

I agree - removing the movement is of paramount importance before cleaning the inside of a case as any debris can easily drift into the train.

If you can master removing the watch movement from the case then you open up opportunities like being able to use an ultrasonic cleaner.

Just make sure the case is bone dry before re-assembly :)

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

hmm...!.. why I receive a mail for this topic dating from a year or so?? there is no new message ,, I don't understand.

Sorry - i think this might be my fault. Notice the forum cron job had stopped working so I kicked it back into shape earlier today.

Sorry - i think this might be my fault. Notice the forum cron job had stopped working so I kicked it back into shape earlier today.

oh okay it works fine now as I receive the messages ...The watches are one of my passions. In fact, i'm in the old and antique TVs more than a year but I still collect the watches.  ;)

• Like 1