Repaired Speakers!

I find insulting to the consumer that speaker manufacturers use a foam surround that only last few years. Fortunately the repair is easy and economical, and one can use rubber instead, that is supposed to last longer to the expense of -perhaps- a slightly reduced sensitivity.

Today I did my Pioneer sub-woofer and I've a larger pair of Cervin-Vega waiting. Removing all the old foam residues takes a while.

I bought the parts from a Dutch shop, really recommend it because they have all the sizes, not just the most commons ones, a choice of materials and a lot of other stuff that is beyond me really.

http://www.speakerrepairshop.com/index.php?action=home〈=EN

post-1542-0-95445100-1451751041_thumb.jp

post-1542-0-99178600-1451751075_thumb.jp

bravo! i didn't realize that there was a do it yourself thingy available. you saved a bundle by doing it yourself.

i had a pair of sound dynamics 10S speakers redone years ago. i think it cost around a hundred bucks if memory serves me. i need to get my tweeters reconed, also. it seemed that my infant daughter at the time couldn't resist poking at that domed thing inside of that beautiful aluminum funnel.