Sushi Anyone ??,,,,

ricardopalamino

I just acquired this Seiko 5   6119 "Sushi Roll "  watch .  It is a sought after  piece for those that collect Seikos .

I have missed the winning bid on 2 of these in the past .  The seller said it is in VG condition and only wore it to 2 weddings and was stored for the rest of the time he owned it .

The first 2 attached pics are the sellers and the 3rd is from the internet .

post-808-0-75410800-1448776008_thumb.png

post-808-0-20649500-1448776026_thumb.png

post-808-0-21242500-1448776044_thumb.png

• Like 2

I just checked with a Seiko expert friend of mine about this watch and he told me that it is actually a reissue . The originals are rare and even the reissues go for a good sum .  I had checked on this model just before I decided to go for the BIN offer price . With 21 hours to go and the bids at $121 already , I thought that the final bid would be at the BIN price anyway . I'm just pleased to have finally got one at a decent  price .

• Like 1

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QFx8gSoACG4/T2civBh5M0I/AAAAAAAAArM/IsEBY5vC60w/s1600/6119-7160.JPG

6119-7160

Serviced this one for a friend in 2012. It was indeed quite rare and fetches high price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow , that's' a nice picture . It really brings put the features and color of the watch . I know that these watches come in a variety of colors , 

The one I got is similar to my 6139 "Pogue"

post-808-0-61420000-1448789421_thumb.jpg

wow! it's a beautiful watch. very nice details - i really like the round applied indices.

i never used to care for the chunky seikos. i liked the divers and the hand winders....but lately i've been looking at (and acquiring) some "proof" actus and DX models. the cases are much like your sushi case. i've been looking at the ones with the gold cases (which are usually badly corroded) and trying to get them for cheap money. the dials are usually gold or browns. i then put them in stainless cases. the combination doesn't sound like it would work, but it does.

wow! it's a beautiful watch. very nice details - i really like the round applied indices.

i never used to care for the chunky seikos. i liked the divers and the hand winders....but lately i've been looking at (and acquiring) some "proof" actus and DX models. the cases are much like your sushi case. i've been looking at the ones with the gold cases (which are usually badly corroded) and trying to get them for cheap money. the dials are usually gold or browns. i then put them in stainless cases. the combination doesn't sound like it would work, but it does.

There is a seller on the bay [kidith]  , that has NOS Seiko cases with back and crysyal for a very good price . I have bought 2 and have been pleased with these new / old cases . I needed a Seiko crystal that I could not find , but I got a case and orig . crystal  for $19...you can't buy an original crystal for that .

Also Seiko Calibers 7005 ,'06 , and '09 are very nice and still affordable ......many of the parts are interchangeable  .

Edited by ricardopalamino