My "three Seiko Fives" Project

Well, I've now got 4 Seiko 5s - one of which is in excellent condition and on my wrist as I write this. I also have 3 Seiko 5s in less than perfect condition...

DSCF5236.JPG

The left-hand side one has winding problems. The middle one runs OK but stops every now and then. The right-hand side one was dropped 25 years ago - has no crystal and missing hands, but runs beautifully, and there is a strap for it! So - between them, I might get a decent Seiko 5 and some spare parts. All very cheap, so we'll see what happens...

Edited by WillFly

There should be at least one good un amongst that lot,  whatever the end result it will have given you some practice and insight.  While you are in there have a look at how the auto winding works,  very clever.  If you do a Google search for "magic lever system" you will find a YouTube video about it.  Good Luck with the project.

Edited by autowind

• 2 months later...

Excellent, I might do the same. The problem is I fall in love with everything I fix! I got one 7S26 movement doing great so far (about +8 sec a day) but I haven't have more time to finish everything. I'll post pictures (maybe in quite a while) when everything is done.

• 2 weeks later...

Fist Seiko 5 coming out for a walk. Case, dial and hands are not yet restored but the process have started for them too... Only the case belongs to this movement (I think, after all the parts going back and forth), the rest is simply a test. For now, just checking the movement runs and is reliable.

post-253-0-85987700-1405023449_thumb.jpg

Right now it is 6 hrs they've been keeping company to each other....

Edited by bobm12
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...