Watchmaker/repairer Near Kenilworth Uk?

perdrix

Any recommendations please, I was readjusting the timing on my 2824-2 and I was getting really close, but now it's all in a mess losing 1-3/4 HOURS overnight.  I'm sure it'll be simple but I can't work it out hence looking for a watch repairer locally who know which way is up.

Thanks

Dave

Any recommendations please, I was readjusting the timing on my 2824-2 and I was getting really close, but now it's all in a mess losing 1-3/4 HOURS overnight.  I'm sure it'll be simple but I can't work it out hence looking for a watch repairer locally who know which way is up.

Thanks

Dave

It might not be simple. If the hairspring has ben damaged /bent it,s a real problem. If the  hairspring has become magnetised then the watch will need de-magnetising. Look at the hairspring as the watch runs & look at the coils, if they are sticking together than this or dirt is causing the issue.

>If the hairspring has ben damaged /bent it,s a real problem.

No thank goodness, and no obvious signs of dirt etc either.  It may just have gone into one of its occasional sulks where it stops for no apparent reason even when fully wound.  A quick shake and 9/10 times it just restarts and generally doesn't do it again for weeks or months.  Magnetized is possible but there's no sign of coil binding and I always use anti-magnetic tools or wood ...

Dave

>As said, if I can help, drop me a pm Dave.

Thanks, so far it's behaving again, though currently losing 15s over about 2 hours, so will need to push the co**BLEEP** adjuster around some (toward centre of the watch I think).  No, don't worry I do know not to touch the beat adjuster w/o a timegrapher.

Dave

Well, I now know what the problem was, the watch hands suddenly started spinning and the watch unwound at speed.  Opening the back, one of the pallet stones was AWOL and had vanished somewhere into the guts :(.   The stone must have been working loose for a while hence the erratic timekeeping/stopping.

I know my limits - this isn't something I want to do myself, so definitely need a recommendation - I don't want to pay BUK prices if I can avoid it.

Thanks

Dave