New High Res Oiling Video

SSTEEL

Old video, but new high resolution, I asked them recently if they had a better quality video as the old one was pixelated.

Thanks for this, I also viewed Part 2 and that prompted to get my oilers out for a good look.

I'm afraid I have a bit of work to do so off to the garage and a fine stone and some 1200 wet and dry and maybe some Brasso.

At the moment they look like this (stuck to double sided tape so they look a bit strange.

More to follow after I've refined them.

Cheers

Jim

Oilers_Still004.bmp

Edited by JimInOz
  • Like 1

So after some time in the garage, my cheap Indian oilers (Anchor brand) have had a polish.

I'll give them a go and see if they improve my oiling skills.

Original Oilers

post-1141-0-24026000-1446509904_thumb.jp

Polished Oilers

post-1141-0-95280700-1446509558_thumb.jp

Edited by JimInOz
  • Like 2

At the moment they look like this (stuck to double sided tape so they look a bit strange.

The top pictures are definitely not a good look Jim!

Have you tried the polished ones yet? I'm interested to here your comments on the difference that the polishing makes.

They came out well, how did you polish them, via hand, or buff?

I started with a fine file, then 400 paper for shaping, fined off with 1200 paper and finished on a small felt wheel on my Dremel.

The tips will still pick up big drops of oil. With practice I found that the "lift" out of the oil pool can regulate the size of the drop, as can wiping on the edge of the cup.

Studying that second video was very educational thumbsup.png

• Like 1