Peseux 7066 Help Needed

Hi everyone,

I'm still learning, so go on, have a laugh.

I've just serviced an Accurist 21J Shockmaster and got it running nicely. To lube the balance pivots I've done the classic and lost the top jewel retaining sping. I thought I was being so careful as well, but 'ping' off it went somwhere.

The movement is a Peseux 7066 with date function, so I assume the same spring is used in the 7060.

Can someone identify the spring clip required for this one. Part number and source please. I would not know where to start.

post-236-0-40393300-1445676887_thumb.jpg

They seem to differ, I saw this one online which is probably a later 21J version or not a 7060/7066

post-236-0-95224500-1445677305_thumb.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

I'm still learning, so go on, have a laugh.

I've just serviced an Accurist 21J Shockmaster and got it running nicely. To lube the balance pivots I've done the classic and lost the top jewel retaining sping. I thought I was being so careful as well, but 'ping' off it went somwhere.

The movement is a Peseux 7066 with date function, so I assume the same spring is used in the 7060.

Can someone identify the spring clip required for this one. Part number and source please. I would not know where to start.

attachicon.giftop-jewel-spring.jpg

They seem to differ, I saw this one online which is probably a later 21J version or not a 7060/7066

attachicon.giftop-jewel-spring-2.jpg

Thanks in advance.

They are not the same shocksprings .If you look att the top one it has a slot on each side . But the lower has three slots . What kind on the other side of the movement .lLooks more like incabloc springs? 

Edited by rogart63

I have just worked on a PUW1561 which has a similar opening for the spring.  Tech info indicated an incabloc but this was not the same as fitted to movement and I couldn't find what type it was having pinged mine too!  Fortunately I found it again, sometimes a magnet can find as they maybe plated steel.

The pics shows the spring type fitted to the PUW.  The rounded end slips into the u shaped part and the fingers clip into the oblong part.  Best hold the curved part in the slot with teweezers or pin and move the arms in next.  Have you checked the dial side to see if the spring is the same?

post-272-0-70801800-1445713435_thumb.jpg

post-272-0-84793800-1445713501_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the input guys.

Am I right then is saying 974.03 would be for the regulator side and 975.03 the dial side?

It looks more Incabloc than KIF. But if you look closely at the dial side spring there's a small tongue on the spring that's in line with the slot. Maybe that was an early Incabloc.

Hi all,

Just to clear up any misunderstanding, the spring I'm trying to identify is for the Peseux in the first (orange background) photo. I'm not trying to identify the spring in the second photo. That photo is just to show how a similar movement has a different anti shock system to mine. I agree that one is KIF.

I'll try to upload a better photo tomorrow.

I also searched the web for ages and didn't find anything similar.  As my movement was only a 'practice' one I wasn't too desperate to find a replacement.  Unable to find a replacement I ended up filing down a similar sized incabloc (at the t-end) and just about had it fitting when ping!! off it went ino the unknown!!!   At this point I decided to move on, but thought I would have on more try at sweeping around and hey ho I found the original!  Hope you find a suitable replacement and let us know what and where.

I have just worked on a PUW1561 which has a similar opening for the spring.  Tech info indicated an incabloc but this was not the same as fitted to movement and I couldn't find what type it was having pinged mine too!  Fortunately I found it again, sometimes a magnet can find as they maybe plated steel.

The pics shows the spring type fitted to the PUW.  The rounded end slips into the u shaped part and the fingers clip into the oblong part.  Best hold the curved part in the slot with teweezers or pin and move the arms in next.  Have you checked the dial side to see if the spring is the same?

That is a Rufa antishock spring . This is a förster with Rufa springs

post-644-0-36120600-1445868444.jpg

I'm back with good news.

While I was taking a photo of the jewel and spring on the dial side, I decided to give the movement a little tap. Guess what fell out, not just the spring, but the jewel as well. Truly remarkable.

So here we are then. It would still be nice if it can be indentified. I'll refit it and upload another photo in another couple of days.

post-236-0-25230800-1446073883_thumb.jpg

• Like 1