Recently I had to remove the movement from my Casio W35 Marlin to fix the push buttons which were not working.  That was successful but now I am not sure which was to put the seal ring back in.  Can anyone help with this?

I have replaced the o-ring.  However, the ring I am talking about is the steel ring that goes on top.  This may be a feature exclusive to the Marlin which is supposed to be waterproof to 50 meters.  This ring has quite a bit of machining and the two sides are different.  I am not sure which side goes in first.

Thanks for your response.  I looked at the video you referenced.  It seems that there are significant differences between the W35 and the W36.  The W35 has a snap on back and the W36 has a screw on back.  Also the W36 does not have the steel seal ring I have mentioned.  I will try to get some pictures but it may take a while because I have moved and don't have access to my camera equipment.

On 5/25/2024 at 4:55 PM, rptr said:

I will try to get some pictures but it may take a while because I have moved and don't have access to my camera equipment.

If you have a smartphone, these pictures are usually just fine!

I am having some trouble learning how your website works.  I couldn't get any text in with the pictures.  Some of the pictures look a little brown, rusty.  Actually they are all bright steel.  The color is some artifact I didn't have time to figure out the cause.  I hadn't used my camera for several years so the battery was down.  I may have lost some settings.