I am as novice as they come but I am trying. In any case i recently got a cheap ETA 6498 clone in hopes putting a watch together and possibly learning something. Well I learned something, I don't know what i am doing, because I am being told that the minute hand is a 1.2 mm and i guess I can agree with that. However The same sources (every one i can find) tell me the hour hand is a 2mm hand hole and this is the point at which my confusion really  starts to come to the surface.  

You see  a 2mm hole is way to big for the movement that I have i would estimate 1.5mm or less. Although the entirety of the civilized world claims that I am wrong so  there is no doubt that i must be. Is there anyone who can explain what is going on here to me plz.

29 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Yours is a clone

The word "clone" caught me out too, I assumed like-for-like, but learned that it's more like "in the spirit of" or "based on". I also learned that you need to be careful also because parts from a clone may superficially look the same as the real deal, but if you try a clone part in a real movement or vice versa there is a good chance it will not fit, I learned this the hard/expensive way. As others above suggest I would measure the pivots with a caliper - you can pick one up on Amazon for not much money <$20 and they will be a useful tool going forward. It's not until you start needing to measure jewel pivot holes etc that you need a super accurate (=$$$) one, which is a wile away yet.

• Like 1