Greetings from near Sheffield

Hi all,

I just discovered this site while looking for info on an old French mantel clock movement, out of curiosity following rebuilding it yesterday.

That was bought as scrap for parts (looking like it had been dipped in old engine oil & buried for a year or two) to repair one for a friend; however it's a slightly different size movement so I rebuilt it instead. It just needs the taper pins and a new pendulum suspension spring & it's good to go.

That's the only clock I've worked on, however I have been occasionally rebuilding watches for a couple of years - I like ones that have interesting, unusual or challenging movements rather than being a general collector.

(eg. I've been practicing on some scrap Seiko 4206 & similar movements, ladies day date automatics).

Recent acquisitions are a non-running Omega Seamaster automatic, now cleaned & services, working fine other than needing a new seconds hand, and a couple of Bulova accutrons, a 218 and a 221. The 218 works fine as received, the 221 arrived with the pawl arms crossed over!

Robert.

IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2083.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1759.jpg

Edited by rjenkinsgb
Edit - typo

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

We all look forward to your contributions and continued involvement. 

What happened? you have been posting I have been helping you with your clock. 🤣