New and into Seiko as a watchmaker hobby and wearer

Hi everyone on this forum, as a quick intro, I am born 1960 and only recently discovered a thing for watches. I scouted around and watching youTube stuff got me thinking that a birthdate watch would be of interest from both a "it was created when I was" and I actually connected with what was happening in that decade. 1 year later and this has blown into a full on hobby and I found my ultimate watch. But you can find this all out as I start to share my thoughts, seek help and also share my learnings. So you know, I believe tha knowledge and experience are important in equal measures and I am very patient. I do not jump to conclusions but like to accumulate evidence to influence my approach and thoughts. If it is not fun then forget it, I'll change direction. Hope I can be of assistance.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Bert said:

Hi everyone on this forum, as a quick intro, I am born 1960 and only recently discovered a thing for watches. I scouted around and watching youTube stuff got me thinking that a birthdate watch would be of interest from both a "it was created when I was" and I actually connected with what was happening in that decade. 1 year later and this has blown into a full on hobby and I found my ultimate watch. But you can find this all out as I start to share my thoughts, seek help and also share my learnings. So you know, I believe tha knowledge and experience are important in equal measures and I am very patient. I do not jump to conclusions but like to accumulate evidence to influence my approach and thoughts. If it is not fun then forget it, I'll change direction. Hope I can be of assistance.

If it aint broke...
P.S. Live in NZ. Must be the most difficult place to source tools, watches and parts