1980s Seiko SQ 6923a

Hey chaps, having a bit of a nightmare refitting  the train bridge due to the magnet popping out of position all the time when I position the train of wheels and present the bridge the small matter jumps out of mesh any tips?

image.jpg

Hi. One tip I heard of was to place a small round magnet beneath th e watch under the rotor thi is supposed to keep the rotor up right whilst the bridge is fitted.  Never tried it but it sounds plausible. The magnetism won’t affect the watch as the rotor is already magnetised.

• Like 2

20210111_214753.thumb.jpg.a60f116114334e7fc889152d773dd56b.jpg

This is a homemade quartz watch movement assembly aid that I use for those pesky rotors that just won't stay in their holes. 

It's made from popsicle sticks glued together with a strip of magnet on one side.

The magnet holds the stator and the rotor down on the bottom plate and stops them from sticking to each other.

You have to try to believe how effective this trick is.

Another thing I forgot to mention, anti-magnetic tweezers are an absolute must. I prefer brass or titanium tweezers.

• Like 4