Barrel sound issue

vivat

Hi everyone. Today bumped into a problem with a noise coming from the barrel spring. I wounded them 30 times and after this I heard a sound of spring slipping. It was a short sound. Watch is still running, but on the contrary I took a watch with the same mechanism (eta 2824) and they had no sound even after 40-45 times beein wound. Do you know anything about it ? You will really help us because this is the second time facing this problem, previous time we just replaced the barrel...

(The watch I'm working with is a hamilton khaki with ETA 2824 mvmnt. It was badly used, plenty of dents and scratches. And the dial holders are both broken)

8 hours ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Did you put breaking grease on the barrel wall? 

Yep

6 hours ago, Kalanag said:

Last time I had this issue the bridle was bent and out of shape. Did you install a new mainspring?

You mean the part where the spring splits ?

5 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

How long does it run after the mainspring slips, if its comparable with nominal power reserve its OK, if its not barrel must be openned and checked.

Didn't check the time it run after yet. But the spring seems okey. I'll make a photo today

1 hour ago, vivat said:

You mean the part where the spring splits ?

Yep! The end of the mainspring works like the brake pad of a drum brake and the bridle provides the braking pressure by its tension/curvature.

Edited by Kalanag

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.