Dial foot replacement

On 3/13/2024 at 11:07 AM, tomh207 said:

Soldering does not involve UV light at all, I think you might be getting mixed up with spot welding.

Tom

Thanks for your interest, Tom. But this is not 'normal' conductive soldering: my concern was that the way the solder is melted seems - on the video evidence - to involve spark creation as the graphite is stroked against the cathode & I imagine there is some (potentially) harmful radiation produced as a consequence.

7 hours ago, dnhb said:

Thanks for your interest, Tom. But this is not 'normal' conductive soldering: my concern was that the way the solder is melted seems - on the video evidence - to involve spark creation as the graphite is stroked against the cathode & I imagine there is some (potentially) harmful radiation produced as a consequence.

I think you are possibly worried about something that is essentially not measurable and not a hazard. We are all different in our risk assessment and I would never dismiss yours whatsoever my thoughts are.

mind you I was young in the ‘70s and ‘80s where we had lots of UV lighting in the clubs 😂

Tom