Al from UK. Rheostat help required with watch cleaner.

HairyAL

Good afternoon everyone. I hope you are all well. I have been contacted by an elderly gentleman who is looking for a replacement Rheostat for his British made Electric watch cleaner.

The information i have for it is that it is based off frame No' 20, 

HP .006 motor

230 volts

50 cycles.

Please see below a pic of the Rheostat in question. Would anyone know the values of it in order for me to match them up with a possible replacement.

TIA, 

Have a great day everyone.

Al

IMG_20231207_140826.jpg

IMG_20231207_140849.jpg

IMG_20231207_140859.jpg

Personally I doubt it. It doesn’t look like anything I recognise and I worked in electronics/electrical engineering 8 years or so back in the 70’s/80’s.

you may struggle with this one unless you have a part number and the manufacturer to find a possible modern manufacturer.

28 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

My knowledge is limited but I believe you need a rheostat that is rated at 240V minimum and the correct power (W). Do you mean. 006 horse power, if so about 4.5 W so 5W will suffice. 

It’s not necessarily as simple as you put it Richard, I doubt very much that that motor would be 5W, wouldn’t pull a kipper off a plate 🤪😂

Tom

• Haha 2