Anyone Know If This Exists?

Hi.

Got an old but still good HP 20" LCD monitor. Its a VGA one with built in speakers.

I was wondering if I could use it in the kitchen and hook it up to a freeview STB (scart or composite) and an old standard def satellite box (HDMI, scart or composite)

Is there such a switchbox?

Thanks [emoji4]

I'm not sure, but I think this may do the job

free shipping HDMI to VGA with Audio Cable Micro Mini HDMI to VGA Converter Adapter for Xbox 360 PS3 PS4 PC DVD

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/free-shipping-HDMI-to-VGA-with-Audio-Cable-Micro-Mini-HDMI-to-VGA-Converter-Adapter-for/32229647111.html

(from AliExpress Android)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Had a look.

It will certainly allow my satellite to be connected.

I was hoping I could buy a one box solution switchbox. Plug both into box then box into monitor.

I'm beginning to think such a box doesn't exist [emoji20]

Thanks.

I maybe wrong or missing the point, but if it's an old sky satellite box does it not give freeview channels even when subscription has lapsed?

Combine this with the above hdmi to VGA Converter Free Shipping SCART / HDMI to HDMI 720P / 1080P cabo hdmi HD Video splitter Converter Box 1080P Scaler Coaxial Audio Out switch

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-SCART-HDMI-to-HDMI-720P-1080P-cabo-hdmi-HD-Video-splitter-Converter-Box-1080P/32296629636.html

I maybe wrong or missing the point, but if it's an old sky satellite box does it not give freeview channels even when subscription has lapsed?

No, its a Silvercrest box. Dish is pointing 13E to pick up Italian TV. This is why I need the Freeview box too.

Combine this with the above hdmi to VGA Converter Free Shipping SCART / HDMI to HDMI 720P / 1080P cabo hdmi HD Video splitter Converter Box 1080P Scaler Coaxial Audio Out switch

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-SCART-HDMI-to-HDMI-720P-1080P-cabo-hdmi-HD-Video-splitter-Converter-Box-1080P/32296629636.html

An all in one switchbox would be better as its going in the kitchen. less mess.

Used to have one similar to this, except it had both scart and composite.

v53rca.gif

If only it existed with output to VGA monitor.

• Like 1

I took a look online.

I'd forgotten about cpc.

Found one switchbox but at £384 I think I'll give it a miss [emoji20]

Very wise my friend. I'm looking at a 24" hdmi benQ monitor for my microscope camera at present only £133 & it has speakers.