Smiths watches, does anyone have Service/parts sheets?

In my experience not much is compatible but I think it depends on what you have on the bench and what part you're looking for. Acroos all the Smiths movements listed on Jules Borel it shows some compatibility with only a few staffs, stems and keyless parts but not much else. The 60466e is supposedly identical to the civilian counterpart but so may parts look different- undecorated for the military watch. Some Astrals also have the military movement in them...so ca depend...

...and to address your parts list requests I went looking for the 60466e parts sheet that's part of an article somewhere but I can't recall where. It should be out there.

AWCI is my go to for parts and repair documents but doesn't have anything for Smiths watches that I found...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rehajm said:

In my experience not much is compatible but I think it depends on what you have on the bench and what part you're looking for. 

It's useful to know which screws are common. For instance I need some dial screws for a cal 0104 which must be common.

Also the Deluxe models were upgraded movements (e.g. 27CS) with better balances - timing screws and overcoil hairspring. But is the balance staff the same?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mikepilk said:

It's useful to know which screws are common. For instance I need some dial screws for a cal 0104 which must be common.

Also the Deluxe models were upgraded movements (e.g. 27CS) with better balances - timing screws and overcoil hairspring. But is the balance staff the same?

For the staff or the stem you can always check those with balancestaff.com. you may get some help from the smithswatches site if you drop them an email. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

That's because you weren't buying anything, your questioning should have been surrounded with the view to purchase 😄.  Information procurement 101  'potential exchange of currency '

Haha. I would think the questions about compatible balance screws, canon pinion tightness or detent finishes would give the game away…

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, rehajm said:

Haha. I would think the questions about compatible balance screws, canon pinion tightness or detent finishes would give the game away…

Haha but obviously you need to know technical details of the watch you are going to buy, you are a watch collector and all watch collectors have major ocd

7 hours ago, rehajm said: